Summertime encourages us to spend more time in the garden. This means continuous watering of the plants, making efforts to keep them maintained, trimming those extra shrubs and more. It is also important to seed your lawn to give fresher look. These are a few tips to prepare your lawn for summer.
1. Clean Your Yard – It is important to rake up those fallen sticks, leaves and other debris from your yard. Extra leaves and grass are a useful source of compost. However, extra debris destroys grass growth and results in exposed spots.
2. Add Extra Layer of Soil – If your lawn has low spots, then you should add a few extra layers of soil. Adding topsoil helps to prepare new seeding.
3. Seed Your Yard –You should start seeding on bare or thin spots to grow new seeds. Be careful of the type of seeds you grow as some flourish under low-light while some under high. Adding both kinds will give a dull or uninspiring growth.
4. Use Fertilizer – It is important to use the right kind of fertilizer due to the presence of high amount of chemicals. Choose organic or slow-release fertilizers for your seeds to grow. A high amount of chemical based fertilizer destroys many flowers and plants.
5. Sprinkle the Topsoil – A seeded area needs to hold and protect the newly planted seeds from birds and other insects. Hence, sprinkling the seeded area with topsoil helps in preventing these problems.
For more tips, you can look for companies for landscaping in Sydney West.…